Interdictions and Dealing with Clients with Diminishing Capacity
Date: Tuesday, March 21, 2023
Time: 11:30am - 1:00pm
Location: Metairie Country Club-580 Woodvine Ave, Metairie, LA 70005
Speaker: Stephanie Graf Gamble
Summary: Learn the basics of the substantive and procedural rules of interdictions and how to deal with clients who are losing capacity or have been interdicted.
- What is an interdiction procedure?
- When is interdiction appropriate?
- Substantive and procedural laws applicable to interdictions
- Temporary and preliminary interdictions
- Specific issues that may arise in an interdiction
- Security of the curator
- What financial institutions should know once a client is interdicted
- Alternatives to interdiction
- Q & A
Stephanie Graf Gamble is a partner at Sessions, Fishman & Nathan, L.L.C., where she has practiced since 2013. Ms. Gamble practices primarily in the areas of Estate Planning, Estate Administration, Estate Litigation, and Interdictions. She is a member and past President of the Association of Women Attorneys and a member of the New Orleans Estate Planning Council and the New Orleans chapter of the Partnership for Philanthropic Planning. Ms. Gamble received her law degree from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, where she was a member of the Law Review and Moot Court and served as a Research Assistant for a professor and for the Dean of the College of Law.
See Upcoming Event Calendar